Sunday, July 29, 2007

Laying Low

The weekend streched out a little longer because Noelle and Paul decided to stay up in LA for the weekend. That enabled me to attend the beach baptism at Oceanside Harbor yesterday afternoon. As always, it was a joy watching folks young and old wanting to follow Jesus and publicly getting baptized in the surf!

Today, Sunday, Miles was teaching and I decided to lay low at home while prepping for my Barrium E. test tomorrow. I've had to be on a clear liquid only diet today and in a couple hours have to drink a gallon of the same nasty solution I had to take when I was prepping for my colonoscopy a couple of months ago. Makes one need to stay 'close to home' to say the least!

Pray it all goes well tomorrow and the doc has all the info he needs to recommend the best course of action. It's uncomfortable facing these things without Joyce by my side.

In His Arm's,

Pat

6 comments:

  1. it was so good to see you at the baptism yesterday....i could see that even though it was a blessed day it was still hard for you....i am tho thankful you came!! i never have lost a spouce so i dont know how that feels but i have lost a child, never the less GOD has a plan! i can be part of it or not! and i choose to be part of HIS plan! so for me it was good to get out because to stay in the house would just make me feel alone! maybe that will bless you but i do know GOD has a plan and we love you pastor pat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phillipians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in all things by prayer and thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

    I know you've memorized this, as I have, smile, for times of "concern" like this.

    Praying the Lord give you His peace of mind and comfort only He can give you, Pat.

    P.S. I also was blessed to see you at the Beach.

    your friend, Chuck (P.T.!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'KEEPING YOU IN PRAYER AND THOUGHT' AS ALWAYS. I DID MISS SEEING YOU ON SUNDAY. EACH DAY, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, WILL GET BETTER.

    I KNOW IT IS HARD TO REALIZE, BUT THE CLOUD OF GLOOMY WILL LIFT AND THAT 'SILVER LINING' WILL SHOW ITSELF.
    GOD BLESS.....ISABELLE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, I don't know what to say. I cry when I read your blog entry about facing things without Joyce by your side. I feel so helpless to bring you an ounce of comfort though my heart longs to do that very thing. I know there are no words that fix hurt. So I will pray to the only One who can get you through moment by moment. May He sustain you as you continue to face things you never imagined that trigger your need for your other half. May He take these pieces that feel shattered and beyond repair and make you feel whole again in His time. May He guide the doctors minds and hands during this testing. And may you know that we do love you and appreciate you more than words can ever express dear Pastor Pat and the desire of our hearts continues to be to return to CC Esc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastor Bob ClaycampJuly 31, 2007 at 6:46 AM

    Hey Pat,
    Pastor Bob Claycamp here.
    Praying for you as I remember you and your "new normal".
    Give me a call when you feel up to it. I love you, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that all went well with the testing. If the doctor says that you need to get away from the mild San Diego climate and get out to the miserable, hot desert for a while, you know you have a place to stay in Vegas.

    Love ya' bro,

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete