Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday

A new week has begun and I'm hoping to get thru it with a little less pain and a little more joy than last week. Speaking to the church at both services yesterday was good for me and I hope good for them. I still have a lot of things to take care of regarding Joyce's passing and I'ld rather not deal with any of it! I think a part of me is in the denial phase of grieving - avoiding or ignoring things that need to be done keeps me from acknowledging she's really gone. I know better! I've counseled others about it - but going thru it is another thing entirely.

One goal this week is to connect with some grief support group meeting in our area. I have a few options and need to pick one and follow thru.

The last verses of Psalms 31 and 32 encouraged my heart this morning:

Ps 31:24 Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the LORD.(NKJ)

Ps 32:9-10 Do not be like the horse or like the mule, which have no understanding, which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, else they will not come near you. Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; but he who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him.(NKJ)

Thanks, as always, for your continued prayer for me and my family.

In His Arm's,

Pat

5 comments:

  1. Father GOD please lead our precious pastor to the exact meetings that would bless him the most and that would help him get throu the next couple of months Father you are awesome and we put our pastor~brother in you hands!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We feel at a loss for words, as we read your blog as of recent. We feel so sad for you and your family. There is nothing we can do to minimize your grief, so we cry when we read your words and pray for you. All of this to say, we love you Pastor Pat!
    The Bell Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor Pat,

    Thank you for continuing to journal your thoughts, despite your fears that they aren't always "encouraging." It is your candor about your emotions that touches us most. We know how firmly you are in His grasp. Please know that we continue to follow your journey always...

    In His Amazing Love,
    The Trunzos
    Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continue to uplift you in prayer. You will survive. The lessons you are learning about grief and depression will make you a better person. God continues HIS work and HE continues to 'mold'you into the person he wants you to be. With pain, eventually comes victory. Read the story of Job again. He suffered much and came through it all. I keep you in prayer and thought. Joyces picture is still on my wall. She is ministering to me in her own way. I regret not really getting to know her. At the memorial I got a small glimpes of the great woman she really was.

    God Bless you and may the Spirit of comfort be your constant companion.......

    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastor Pat,

    You would not believe what a ministry your blogs have become. Us Christians have true deep feelings and we mustn't pretend we have it all together when we don't. But one thing we do have is God's wonderful words of comfort to us and the hope that is in Christ Jesus the Resurrection and the Life. Through our trials and sufferings he's making us into His image. We know a little of what Jesus and the Father went through when they were seperated for a time and Jesus took the weight and the physical and emotional pain of the whole worlds sin on Himself. We share in His suffering. Not that that is any consolation because at times it's just too hard to bare. I am weeping with you. Some how I feel a portion of your pain. We are the body. I am praying for the Lords perfect will come about in your life.

    Thank you for letting me be with Joyce through the night. I was truley blessed. The sweet presence of the Lord was there. I was standing on Holy ground.

    The Lord Bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete