Saturday, July 21, 2007

Good friends, good counsel

Thanks for all the kind and encouraging comments and emails to my last blogpost. Each day brings new challenges and new opportunities. Yesterday was an "opportunity" day. I was able workout at the Y with my friend, Dr. Nick, and then we followed with breakfast where I had the opportunity to express and talk thru some of my more immediate challenges.

It helped set the pace for a day of continuing the process of working thru the paperwork side of Joyce's passing. It's hard each time I have to remove Joyce's name from an account or close one of hers - I almost have to apologize to her in an odd sort of way.

Later in the afternoon I picked up my granddaughter from her day care and when my son got off work we all met Nick and his daughter for an evening Padre game at Petco Park downtown.
Jordan had never been to a game at Petco and it was the first game we got to take Kaylee too.
The Padres choked but we all had a nice time and Kaylee got to spend the night. Noelle and Paul came down from LA to spend the weekend with me as well.

So the Lord blessed with a sort of reprieve day from the previous few! Thanks again for all the prayer and concern so many are showing to my family and I as we press on thru these days of grieving and adjustment.

I hope to share a little at tomorrows services before Richard brings the study in Luke 18.

Pray your weekend is blessed and fruitful!

In His Arm's,

Pat

2 comments:

  1. well i must say thats a wonderful praise report! i think the little ones (grandkiddos) are the best for your soul to heal!
    we love you pastor pat!!!
    ps we are also so thankful for your relationshp with dr nick ")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God,

    Adjustments take time, but time is what you need. Your grand children are the perfect medicine for a grieving heart. Being around people helps. Yes, Dr. Nick is a good friend. I love him dearly. You are in my thoughts morning, noon and night. Healing takes time and time is on your side. My heart skipped and extra beat, to hear you say the 'adjustment is taking place.

    A PRAYER: Oh, God's angels from on high, Come and dwell right by my side, And gently steer me with your love, Sent from Our Father up above. When tiny teardrops start to fall, And in prayer I humbly call, Also surround me with your care, As your presence fills the air. Prompt me to trust God and obey, In what His holy word does say, And help me to listen when you're nearby, Guiding my heart when in confusion I cry. Do your good deeds, for I need them so As I struggle to learn and desire to grow. Thanks for the peace that your presence brings, Filling my heart and making me sing.

    God Bless you.....Isabelle

    ReplyDelete