Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Setting Course

Yesterday, Monday, was my first day by myself at home. Noelle and Paul were back in LA and the house was so quiet. I can't fully describe the feelings except to say they were uncomfortable. I had to force myself awake, then force myself out for a morning walk, and then force myself over to the mortuary to settle our account. Then it was over to the church for a while organizing papers and beginning the process of figuring out what to do about putting stuff in my name only. Very difficult day. A good friend invited me to go to a Padre game in the evening - but I wasn't quite ready for crowds and cheering.

Instead, I decided to drive up to Murrieta and visit with Joyce's folks for a while. They were both overwhelmed by the love shown for their daughter at her memorial service. Then I drove over to my son's home and had dinner with him and Anna and the grandkids. Those were the right things to do and resulted in a better ending of the day.

I slept better last night and was up earlier (and easier) this morning, read in the Word a while and went over a couple of devotions from Our Daily Bread. Then it was off to the Honda dealer for service on my car and over to the church for a meeting with my staff pastors.

It was agreed by all that I really need to take time to heal, to rest a while and be refreshed, and to have my passion and vision for the ministry recharged and refocused. I also have some health issues to deal with before I plunge back into the work - and there is still much work to do! So my request would be for prayer for wisdom on setting that course over the next few months and patience to wait on the Lord and not press in my own strength.

This evening, it's off to one of our home fellowship groups.

In His Arm's,

Pat

7 comments:

  1. Remember to do the things you know to do...things that are familiar...that sounded like a blessed day...Thank God for you listening to Him I'm sure Joyce's parents where so bless also Jordan and Anna!
    We are praying for you, always....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Do take time for yourself. Writing in your BLOG is good therapy and it helps you to release your feelings in a way that can bring you some small amount of comfort, for a moment, anyway. Bottled up feelings are no good. We are all here for you. Even with the Lord on your side, tough days are ahead of you. You are humane. That is reality. Greiving and tears are a necessary part of healing. My heart sincerely aches for you. I know how unbearable the pain can become. You are my modern day JOB. I know how much you are suffering. Now we all must continue to pray for your physcial health and for you to have 'peace of mind ' and restful sleep. It will be a day of REJOYCING when you return to the pulpit.

    God Bless you Dear Pastor Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pastor Pat,
    You are daily in our thoughts and prayers. If the Lord is leading you to get away for a while, I know we are far away, but our home here in Florida is always open to you.
    In His love,
    John, Jen, Chris and Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the Lord Bless You and Keep You in His Perfect Will and Peace.

    We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat,

    We are with you in prayer lifting you up daily for strength and peace as you go through this season of grief. We pray for you to have restful sleep and that you would be refreshed and healed a little more each day. May His will be done. Your sisters and brothers pray this in the name Christ Jesus our precious Lord and Savior. Amem

    ReplyDelete
  6. "May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you HIS FAVOR and give you HIS PEACE."

    I have been writing in your 'blog' everyday. I check it every morning and each night. I am commited to encouraging you and praying for you.

    Declare HIS Blessings. Continue to press forward. God will take every obstacle that comes into your life and turn it into a stepping-stone that will take you to a place of higher honor and greater blessings.

    I keep Joyces memorial picture on my wall. I just could not throw it away. It reminds me to keep you and your family in prayer. What an inspiration her ife has been to me, more so now, than ever before. I regret not getting to know her better. She was indeed, "AN ANGEL IN DISQUISE"

    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Pastor Pat,

    We, your flock, love you and continue to pray that the Lord's Joy will be your strength. Take all the time you need to be with your family. This is a time when you all need eachother the most! When we are hurting like you are now, is when we feel His presence, His comfort, His love, His peace, His compassion, His love, more than ever before. God bless you and continue to use you mightily for His Kingdom! AMEN.

    ReplyDelete