Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tuesday, 6-12 - late

Thanks for all the kind and supportive comments and encouraging emails. Each day, since we decided to stop Joyce's chemo and switch over to hospice care, has been a challenge. Joyce has had several episodes of severe abdominal/pelvic pain and they have been exhausting both for her and I. Her nurse upped her morphine again this morning and she had a painfree but pretty zoned out day today. It's a fine balance we're learning between effective pain control and clear thinking. We both have had moments of emotional crumbling when her pain is bad - please pray that I might have extra strength in those times - and that the Lord would put His arm's around her.

And right in the middle of all this, I had to see my heart doc today and have to fast tomorrow and drink some gross chemicals in prep for a colonoscopy on Thursday - no stress here :-)

I think Switchfoot had a line on one of the songs from "Beautiful Letdown" : "...my fears have worn me out!" Not completely, but I'm being taken deeper in my faith than ever before to trust that He has not given me a spirit of bondage again to fear - but of power and love and a sound mind!

I know we're not the only one's hurting in the church. We know of many who are also battling cancer and other illnesses and need His comfort and our compassion and care. Help us all Lord to be Your hands and arms and words to those in need around us in these days.

Blessings! Pat

6 comments:

  1. Pat, the kingdom is here and you truly are (in his arms) if you only knew the fullness of the fruit that Father has worked through you. However if you did it might not be meat. Trust in Jesus it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pastor Pat and Joyce,
    I woke up early this morning and you were both in my thoughts. I praised the Lord for both of you and lifted you up in prayer. He loves you so. May the Holy Spirit comfort and minister to you this day. And may the Lord's strength strengthen you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and amen to the other comments. I wake most days with you both on my heart and I lift you up to Him for His presence, power and peace. Lord in your mercy hear the crys of your saints and help them Lord to stand in faith, hope and love. Send Your Spriit to strengthen and renew them Lord. Lord we don't know what to do, but our eyes are upon You. Help Pat and Joyce to sense your nearness and compassion, through Jesus our risen Lord, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both have been a true inspiration to me and my family. We have been so blessed by your ministry to the church over the years. Praying God's strength and comfort for you during this trying time. We love you and thank God for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. Pastor Pat I hope both of your doctor visits this week had only good results.
    Take care. 0:- ) God bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Joyce,

    My name is Chicago Bob and though I don't know you, I do know your blessed husband and he has always been a blessing to me. I am not going to be coddling or consoling to you, (I am sure you had plenty of that so far). What I am going to be is blunt and honest.
    Joyce, don't you dare be afraid! Jesus sent you here over 50 years ago to be at Pat's side and that was a wonderful thing, but know this Joyce Kenny, Jesus did not want to let you go, He cried tears the day you were born because He knew that it would be more than 50 years before He could hold you in His arms again. Don't you dare be afraid Joyce! The only work you will have to do is take one step from Pat's loving arms and simply fall right into the loving arms of Jesus. Don't you dare be afraid Joyce. The day you take that one step from Pat's arms into Our Lord's everything in heaven will stop dead cold as all of the Heavenly hosts and all those that have gone before will watch Jesus welcome you home to the place where you were born to be. When you are in the arms of Jesus, you will both turn to see Pat crying, but rest assured that Pat will see you in the arms of Jesus and he will be consoled beyond words. Don't you dare be afraid Joyce! You are so blessed amongst his children and He simply can't wait for you to come home and even though Pat's heart will break into a million pieces (and you know it will), he will know in his heart that his beloved Joyce is home forever and in the arms of Jesus. Am I a harsh person to tell you all of this? Maybe, but I have not stopped crying for one second since started to write. Don't you dare be afraid Joyce! He is so waiting for his #1 daughter to come home and no matter how much you love Pat and your family, you will always be Daddy's little girl' that will NEVER change. Don't you dare be afraid Joyce Kenny, you are so special to Him and so blessed. I would take your place in a Heartbeat!

    In his Precious Name,

    Chicago Bob!

    ReplyDelete