Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday nite 6-15

I don't think I could begin to fully describe the emotional roller coaster the past couple of days have been! In brief, Wednesday nite, as I was beginning my prep for a colonoscopy Thursday, Joyce began hurting again and it only worsened thru the nite. We were up all nite and she was still hurting and out of it when Pastor Richard picked me up to take me to the clinic for my procedure. I was exhausted and numb and just begged for God's mercy on Joyce. Her faithful sister, Nancy, stayed with her while I was gone. The day was also hard on Joyce but slowly we started getting a handle on her pain.



I got home around 1pm and was pretty zonked from the sedation they gave me prior to the scope - which didn't go very well. The doc encountered a mass of some kind that prohibited him from doing the complete scope of the colon. I have to get a CT scan next Friday and then meet with a GI surgeon - whatever it is it probably needs to go - so we have this to deal with.



Today was a better day in some respects and rougher in others. Pain wise Joyce was doing much better - but she was also very disoriented couldn't put her thoughts together. The hospice folks were over this morning as well and they were trying to orient me to end of life issues - which was just ripping me up inside. But later in the afternoon, after a long deep sleep, Joyce woke up and, tho still a little loopy, was up with us for the rest of the evening, took a shower, had dinner watched some TV with Noelle, our daughter, and had a very calm and pain free time. I'm about to crash now and pray we both can sleep thru the nite without incident.



God bless all of you as you continue to lift up me and my family - we appreciate your love and care beyond words. Stay close to Jesus and keep serving one another - that's what our spiritual family is all about!



In His Arm's,



Pat

3 comments:

  1. o precious father our heart feels the pain our pastor is going through! Father give them rest!! fill them with YOUR peace! we adroe YOU FATHER and we lift your name on HIGH!! Please hear the cry of our heart, and be with this precious family during this time and please give them rest! in your name we pray!! we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lord we come before thee and ask that tonight Pastor Pat and Joyce would have a much needed resful night. And that their strengh would be renewed. And that their hearts would be filled with joy in the mist of this difficult and sorrowful trial. Let them feel the beautiful love that You have for them. We just lift them up to you.

    ReplyDelete