Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sun. 6-3 & Proverbs 3

Well it really was a beautiful day! Our services at CCE were sweet and I was blessed to teach through Luke 14 on Hinderences to being a Disciple. Hadn't taught in three weeks and nearly lost my voice at the end of the day. Joyce had a pretty good weekend as well - she and Noelle got to look at wedding dresses on Saturday! This evening I drove up to Murietta to see the grandkids before a pre-pastor's conference dinner with a bunch of Calvary pastor's at the Outback Steak House in Temecula - so stuffed.

Prov 3:5-8 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and depart from evil. 8 It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones. (NKJ)

Prov 3:25-26 Do not be afraid of sudden terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; for the LORD will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught.(NKJ)

As a young believer back in 1971, Proverbs 3:5-6 were the first verses of the Bible I memorized. So early in my walk I was learning the importance of trusting God and walking by faith. 36 years later I'm still learning to trust God and walk by faith. It's really a daily choice we all have. I can choose my way or seek to know and walk in His way. When I choose His way over my way I grow - that's a fundemental foundational fact of the christian life.

May the Lord be your health and strength and confidence as you walk with Him this coming week.

Love ya! Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment