Friday, February 27, 2009

Into Your Hands

Worries, concerns, fears. As a believer, I hate to say it, but these things often get the best of us!

And yet relief and a better perspective isn't that far away. In fact, I think it's really but a prayer away! In Ps. 57:1-2 David prayed, "...my soul trusts in You: yes, in the shadow of your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities are past. I will cry unto God most high; unto God Who performs all things for me."

As you think about the things that may overwhelm you, right now get quiet and lift each one to the Lord. "Lord, into Your hands I place my family, my employment, my bills, my relationships, my ministry, my health, my life!" There is a peace that passes understanding; that goes beyond human comprehension that can be ours when we cast our cares upon Him. When we consciously and specifically put each worry, concern, or fear into His faithful, merciful, and loving hands.

These are difficult times for everyone. But God's people for thousands of years have endured difficult, even harsh times with firm trust in "God most high - who performs all things for me."

This afternoon I was just thinking (and worrying) about a bunch of things - until I simply prayed, "Lord, You know about all this stuff! And right now I put each thing into Your hands."
I can't tell you a great light filled the room and my house shook with the presence and power of God :-) But my heart was instantly covered with His peace. And my thoughts went immediately to those who might still be following my blog and I felt at least one of you needed to read this - so DO IT!

In His Arm's,

Pat

3 comments:

  1. Pastor Pat
    I really needed to hear this, as I was worrying about things instead of putting them in God's hands. Thanks for the encouragement and for this great blog you write.
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a timely reminder. Sometimes I think I've prayed about my worries and fears and then when I think about it, I think, "Nope, I just worried some more. Sure it's been on my mind all day, but I never actually prayed." Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever considered hosting a weekly CCE Home Fellowship in your home? Could be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete