Tuesday, February 17, 2009

22 years

I had an enjoyable evening yesterday with Chuck and Anita Saunders who are missionaries serving at Calvary Chapel Oxford - England. They have been on the mission field for 22 years! First in the Philippines from '87 to '01 and in England ever since. 22 years is a huge chunk of ones life - and not as common in our day as in decades past. Just sitting in my living room and listening to them share about their work, the needs and challenges of their church, the many opportunities open for ministry... it all just blessed me so much.

When they left I had to thank God for allowing me the great privilege of getting to know and serve in some small way missionaries like these. After nearly a month of me dealing with my own medical problems - and being a bit sidelined from my new work because of it - last nite may not have wowed the Saunders as it did me - but God used it to refresh my heart and remind me of the good work He has ahead for me.  Blessed be His Name!

Today I joined the staff of CC Escondido for lunch with missionaries sent out from CCE about 10 years ago - Boy and Jane Borbaho - who are back here for a few months from the Philippines. Again it was a joy just listening to their stories and marvelling at how they've grown and how the Lord has been using them.

May the Lord continue to bless these precious servants and may He raise up many more to reach the nations with the good news of Jesus!

In His Arm's,

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment