Tuesday, February 24, 2009

something new

Hi Folks!

Posting to my blog has been a little slow while I've been recovering. I'm sure most of you really wouldn't be too excited to read that "I stayed home this morning; went grocery shopping; sent some e-mails; read a book; went to bed." Which has been the story pretty much the past few weeks.

Today, however, I'm trying something new. A friend of mine from church has some empty office space and he has invited me to use it whenever I need it. A real blessing for sure. Working out of my house just doesn't seem to be very motivating - so to have a place to go for a few hours each day I think will really help me focus.

I also wanted to share a short note I received yesterday from another friend who has endured some difficult seasons of loss and pain. It ministered to me and I thought it might encourage some of you.

"There's an old book called Hinds Feet on High Places that has made an impact on my life for a long time.  There is a chapter about suffering that paints a picture of a generational chain linking all sufferers together (back to the Old Testament believers and Heb. 11 and onward).  When it comes to you, you grab onto the chain, side by side with other sufferers and make it through the valley.  The companionship of others who 'know' and 'understand' is comforting.  I do believe that a broken heart is precious to Jesus; He knows just what to do with it.  I was reminded today that, though I do not always know what God is doing, I do know God.  That makes all the difference."

God richly bless your week ahead!

In His Arm's,

Pat

3 comments:

  1. Dear Pastor Pat: The Gomez family feels so blessed to be walking with you through this new journey. We know God has great plans for you.

    You have been through so much, only you know first hand. For that very reason we will continue to lift you up in prayer. You walked our family through the most difficult time we had ever experienced as Christians.

    Who knew the roles would be reversed and we would be walking with you through the loss of your beloved, Joyce. How could we ever help ease that pain...only by the diligent prayers from a family who lost our beloved father. We now know how great that pain is and we are so thankful that you have stepped out in faith and refused to let it consume you, it is easy to do. We all praise God for you and your recovery and will always be here for you.

    In Christ's Love,
    Margaret,Kathy,Rosemarie, Emily and Angelica Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Pat... He is so good to help us along and remind us that we are not alone. I am so thankful that we have others to walk with us and encourage us in the things of God and life. I am glad you are feeling better and have an office to go to.. I am sure that will help a lot. Blessings to you my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord for that reminder too. I lost my closest friend (2 yrs. ago in April) and I have to say, I have NEVER EVER felt so much pain and devastation. But alongside with my other friends who had ALSO lost best friends I was comforted. No, we didn't have all the answers, we had Jesus. And that was better than any kind of advice. When I was at my lowest, Jesus was at His best.

    ReplyDelete