Wednesday, February 11, 2009

post-op

I met with my surgeon yesterday for my post op appointment. He said everything looked good and appeared to be healing up properly. He said the recovery time would be another four to six weeks, ie. no heavy lifting or strenuous exercise. After 15 months what's another few weeks, right?

Overall, the past couple of days have been my best yet - pain wise. My head is still a little foggy from the meds and anesthesia but slowly clearing. I'm starting to focus again on my work with Shepherd's Staff and anxious to get back up to speed. I'm hoping to be well enough to rep Shep. Staff at the Southwest pastors and leaders conference in Tucson Mar. 9-11 and a missions conference in central Ca. in Santa Maria the following weekend.

And thru it all, God is so good! If anything I am learning thru all these trials that God is faithful and loves me so much! That is so humbling because I am so often such a whiner :-)
He loves me, not because of who I am or what I am accomplishing, but because of Who He is.
He sees my end and I only see my present. He sees me with Him in eternity and loves me as if I were already there! That's pretty cool!

In His Arm's,

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment