Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ps. 8

It is so difficult for our limited human minds to embrace the greatness of God and of His ultimate plan. It is difficult to move out of a self-centered existence.

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor" (Psalm 8:3-5).

Amazing God, turn my inward-looking eyes outward to You. You are interested in all that goes on in my life - my emotions, fears, disappointments, and confusions - and You want to heal me through Christ. Thank you. Amen.

This was part of my daily devotion from Griefshare and so appropriate not only for me but for all of us. In uncertain or challenging times it's so easy to turn all our attention inward instead of upward. Inward analysis usually leads to untrue conclusions. "Guard our hearts, Lord, and may our focus and devotion always be to You and our counsel from Your Word."

It's been a busy week making contacts for upcoming ministry opportunities after my surgery and working on an online course for chaplains in a major disaster that sincs with the FEMA Incident Command System protocols.This weekend we have Mike and Sara's wedding and Miles and I will be attending the '08 Calvary Chapel Pastor's Conf. in Murrieta next week. Still no date for the surgery but I know that's in God's hands.

Turn our eye's outward and upward to You Lord in all things!

In His Arm's,

Pat

1 comment:

  1. How exciting - upcoming ministry opportunities!

    So how was Mike and Sara's wedding? I was so bummed we had to miss it, but we were up in Anaheim celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary. We had a GREAT weekend. I haven't blogged about it yet.

    ReplyDelete