Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sat. morning musings

My granddaughter, Kaylee, age 5 1/2 lost her first tooth this week! Big news for a grandpa! Thursday evening we had a "date nite" visiting Joyce's folks, her great-grandparents. Then out for a shake at Farmerboys and lots of laughs and wild stories of her adventures in preschool.

The rest of my week was somewhat bitter sweet. Change - even good change can still be emotionally draining. With the transition of leadership in the church to Miles it was time to move my office stuff to my home. Since I have this next surgery coming up and then the recovery, we felt it best to make a little more room for the staff. So Miles gets my old office and Josh gets Miles. When I'm healed up and ready to move back into the flow of ministry that God has for me it will be just as easy to operate out of my home for a season.

To make room for my office furniture, I had to pack up Joyce's craft room. That was gut wrenching at times. I'd been avoiding spending much time in there the past year. So many of her projects were in different states of development. It was her craft room and she was always working on something for the kids, the grandkids, her friends, the house, the women's ministry. Bits and pieces of materials from past women's retreats we had worked on were everywhere. Scrapbook stuff, pictures, sea shells - she loved the ocean - were also scattered in many places. And her sewing stuff, material and patterns and pieces of cloth from things she made when we were just married - 35 years ago. It was harder than I expected and I had to work thru several meltdowns.

But it's done and later today some of the men from the church will be bringing the office stuff over to the house.

I've been feeling OK. I've gained back most of the weight I lost during the last surgery and hospital stay. My doc said that right about the time I'm feeling half way normal it will be time to do the next and hopefully last surgery. I'm still waiting for surgery scheduling to give me a date. I know God already know the date - I'm just asking him for mercy not to have to wrestle any more with the anxiety of waiting...but I've written enough on that subject already.

Well, it's about 5am. I woke up about three just wide awake - thus today's blog :-) Gonna try to get a couple more hours of sleep before the day begins. Hope your weekend is blessed, fruitful and overflowing with the Joy of the Lord. Share that joy with someone who needs lifting up today!

In His Arm's,

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Our heartfelt prayers are with you Pastor Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Pastor Pat~
    My heart ached when I read this blog! I know being a woman Its in our blood to be a crafter and such~you see the womans true heart! So when i read that you were going thru her Craft room Im sure It just brought back so many memories.....but I thought about it more, what a gift from the Lord! Her thoughts and personality lives on! GOD is good and im glad you have that! and for the Precious grandbabies what a great way to show them and remind them of her, they will be trully blessed by who she was...they will see her heart! We love you and continue to pray for you! Cant wait to see what GOD has palnned ")

    ReplyDelete