Saturday, June 7, 2008

Full Week!

This week really zipped by for me and it was quite full. Beginning with Mike and Sara's wedding last Saturday - a really joyful event with a not-to-forget total power failure smack in the middle of the ceremony! My daughter and son-in-law were visiting for the weekend and on Sunday we had a family day visiting Joyce's folks in Murrieta and my son's family in Menifee.

Monday morning it was the start of the annual Calvary Chapel Pastor's Conference at Murrieta Hot Springs. This years' theme was "Pastoring in the Last Days" and focused on a verse by verse study thru 1 Thessalonians. It was an especially encouraging conference for me given this new chapter in my life. Not only was I reminded and exhorted to be ready at any moment for the Lord's return but also had a penetrating encounter with the Holy Spirit during an afterglow Tuesday evening. It was one of those times of worship and prayer and thinking and weeping that lasted a couple hours but felt like just a few minutes. At one point, as I was thinking about all that's happened in my life this past year, a brother knelt down beside where I was sitting and put his arm around me and just held me - I just broke and wept as the Lord reminded me that He was my Father and would never leave or forsake me. Good stuff!!!

The conference went thru Thursday and I know without a doubt, that after my surgery my plate is going to be quite full with ministry in many venues.

Yesterday I spent most of the day with my grand daughter, Kaylee. The morning was a Father's/Grand Father's day at at her preschool and the afternoon was just hang time together.

So all in all it was a very good week of growing in the Lord and enjoying the company of brethren and family! I pray yours went well too!

In His Arm's,

Pat

3 comments:

  1. Dear Pastor Pat:

    Wow, the Holy Spirit takes over sometimes when we least expect it but what an overflowing you must have experienced. The time spent reflecting back on the past year would definitely be overwhelming for you given what you have been through. And yet God reminded you that you are his child and loved so very much. I know that God is with you always, he knows exactly what you are thinking and feeling. Praise him for his everlasting presence.

    We all love you so much and continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

    The Angel Gomez Family
    Margaret, Kathy, Rosemarie, Emily and Angelica Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pastor Pat

    I just wanted you to know how much you mean to my family and me. We moved from Escondido to Oregon about 7 years ago. We brought with us quite a few tapes we purchased from CCE of your messages. We have shared them with many people that needed to hear them. Pastor Pat, you have helped so many people through hard times.I pray you continue this blog.

    Sincerely,
    Suzie Shandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hilda (mother of the groom)June 30, 2008 at 12:44 PM

    Pastor Pat, I wanted to again thank you for the most beautiful homily that you gave at Michael and Sarah's wedding. I know that at times your thoughts were in the past as you spoke of them being partners for life. How good that you can say that you were committed and true to your covenant with Joyce and God. May these kids take your life as a mentor and follow in your steps. God bless.

    ReplyDelete