Saturday, September 29, 2007

Seattle

It's a rainy Sat. afternoon in the Pacific Northwest as I enjoy a visit with my friends, Mike and Mira and their kids' families. This is another place that Joyce and I came to many times in the last 18 years. Every once in a while I glance next to me where she would be if she were still here. I'm missing her presence - not quite with the pain of a couple months ago - but more just the memories of the fun times we had up here with our good friends...and realizing that new memories are being made this trip without her - and it seems still sureal.

On Sunday I'll be visiting my friends church - Taylor Creek Church in Maple Valley - and then get ready for my trip back home on Tuesday. God has been so gracious in allowing me to make these trips and has been refreshing my heart and soul. I look forward to what He has ahead for me personally and for our church corporately. Life seems more an adventure now than ever before - so many possibilities; so many variables; May God use each of us more and more for His glory!

In His Arm's,

Pat

4 comments:

  1. Blessings, brother, blessings.

    Your Brother-In-Arms

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to see God blessing you and healing you.

    With the Love of Christ,

    Your brother and sister in Christ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor Pat,

    It is such a blessing to know that things are getting better for you. Healing of any kind,always takes time.

    Keeping you in prayer and thought....Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are blessed to hear of your lovely time with friends in fellowship.

    As for missing Joyce...I have never been in your shoes. I know that it has been years since my grandfather passed and I still EXPECT to see him in certain places. I still call my grandparent's home..."grandpa and grandma's." So I can only imagine if it is that much of a struggle for me over my grandfather, because of the lifetime of memories, it can only be much more intense in your situation.

    I can only pray that you don't lose the memories, but rather that they bring a smile of fondness to your face more and more with time and less and less pain.

    On a different note, Steve was very bummed when the Rockies won the Padres the other night. Was such a long game and gave us a team to cheer for.

    Blessings to you and yours dear brother! The Bell Family

    ReplyDelete