Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday

It's been a pretty busy week. Still no date for my surgery - because it's considered "routine" it's about a 2 month wait from the time of referal from the doc. So it's been about 5 weeks now and so assuming I won't hear from them til the end of the month, I've decided to take a couple of short trips this month - God permitting. In the middle of the month I'll be flying to Chicago to visit my family for a few days. The at the end of the month I'm making a short trip to the Seattle area to visit with some close friends - and go to a Mariner game or two :-)

In between, I'm either back at the church or doing stuff with the police dept. pretty much every day and I'll be teaching this Sunday in Luke 22. Terry and Nancy Clark will be leading us in worship Sunday morning and I'm looking forward to a sweet time of gathering together with my church family to glorify our Lord.

I've also found this past week the Lord giving me opportunity to minister to many folks facing cancer....some near the end of their battle and some just starting. Tho my wounds are still pretty fresh, the Lord has given me strength and peace to encourage and counsel those who are hurting and fearful - I can look them in the eye and say, "I really do know what you're going thru!" I'm so grateful for those opportunities.

I just want to encourage all of you to stay connected to your church family and seek opportunities to serve one another. Pray for your pastors and leaders and keep a tender heart towards the lost and lonely in our communities.

Have a blessed weekend!

In His Arm's,

Pat

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pastor Pat,
    We pray for you everyday. By reading your blog I can really see your growth. The Lord is doing a mighty work in you. He is molding you into the person/leader He wants you to be. To look someone in the eye and say "I know what you are going thru" really means a lot to hurting people. To know that their is someone who can relate to them means everything to them, especially when they feel that their world is coming to an end as they know it. Even a gentle "I know what you are going thru I've been there. God will see you thru" are comforting words. We will continue to pray for the Lord to give you strength, comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete