Friday, October 5, 2007

3 Months


It's been three months now since my Joyce was taken to heaven. It's still hard to comprehend that she's gone and not coming back. I'm not troubled with the "why" questions much anymore. I know where she is and Who she is with! I also am keenly aware that she is not with me. I've been traveling a bit the last few weeks, visiting family and friends has been good for me and for them - but nearly every day I felt like I needed to call Joyce and see how she's doing and fill her in on all the new happenings with everyone. And I couldn't do that. Coming home to an empty house after each trip was also surreal. It's like time stopped while I was gone and when I opened the door everything was exactly as I left it. Nothing was moved, nothing was cooking, nothing new was added, nothing old taken away - then I open the refrigerator and realize that a few things had changed...and needed to be tossed in the trash :-)

So I'm out a lot. And that's OK. There's plenty to do ministry wise. And family thin
gs help a lot too. Seeing the grandkids, visiting Joyce's folks, having my granddaughter, Kaylee, spend the nite with granpa is a joy. We have another wedding coming up in just 5 weeks. My daughter, Noelle, is marrying a fine Englishman, Paul, and I couldn't be more happy for both of them.

My youngest granddaughter, Brooklynn, turned one a couple weeks ago and is walking real good now - she's such a cutie!
Tomorrow I see my surgeon and hopefully I'll have a better idea of just how much longer I need to wait for this surgery to happen - pray for me for patience!

Also, this Sunday I'll be teaching again - in Luke 24 - please pray for my study time and discernment as to what the Lord want's to say to His flock thru His Word this weekend!

I hope and pray that you all are growing in your walk with the Lord! Press on!

In His Arm's,

Pat


   

2 comments:

  1. Dear Pastor Pat,
    Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! He is truly faithful and true to His promises! I thank Him for the healing and renewing He is doing in your and your family's
    lives! May He continue to carry you on eagle's wings. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The message was GREAT! When I read my devotions this morning in the gospels, the parts that said people "remembered" what the Word had said stood out to me. It is so good to remember; what He's done in our lives, His love for us, what He's told us in His Word...

    I can't believe Brooklynn is 1 already! The last picture in my mind is her as a baby! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete