Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Huddle

What a wonderful last three days out in Borego Springs. It was the annual "Huddle" for the ministry leaders of churches and outreaches in relationship with Horizon Christian Fellowship in San Diego - pastored by my friend and mentor - Mike MacIntosh. Most of our pastoral staff were able to attend (along with about another 400 folks) and we were all refreshed and challenged for the work ahead. The Lord has so much more He desires to do in each one of us!

I was also asked by Mike to share a little about the loss of my wife and how it's affected me and our fellowship. Pastor Richard also shared about the loss of his son. It was a solemn sweet time of sharing - bottom line: Even in our darkest time of pain and suffering He is holding us. Great is His Faithfulness and by His grace we press on in serving Him and loving our flocks.

Evan Wickam and his wife, Jonathon and Sarah MacIntosh, and Brenton Brown led us in simple but powerful times of worship - I just soaked it all up!

Tomorrow, Thursday, it's off to Seattle to visit with old friends for a few days. Then back in the saddle as the Lord leads. Thanks to all of you who are still checking out this blog and continuing to pray for my family and I and the work God wants to do thru th ministry of Calvary Escondido. I'll be checking in a couple of times over the weekend. Love to all!

In His Arm's,

Pat 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pastor Pat:

    Sorry, it has been about a month since I have been able to visit, just catching up on your life. You have continued to be on our hearts. We moved to Vacaville the beginning of this month and are still getting settled in here. You know Steve and I would love to have you come stay with us for a visit if you ever need to get away. Northern California has been delightful weather recently. I really like it here. I still don't know my way around much, but I have found the Sam's Club and Walmart!!!

    Steve and Brett (our 6 year old) met a 49er last night named Willie Harper and got a signed picture of Willie holding back the Cowboy's quarterback Danny! It was so wonderful to experience that bonding time of father and son. I am so blessed! God is good.

    Thanks for keeping us faithfully updated. I understand your frustration on your surgery and I will be keeping that in prayer as well. May our Lord bless you immensely this week dear brother!

    Our love and prayers,
    The Bell Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pat,

    Michael and I send our love and prayers. Praise God for the time of support and refreshing at the "Huddle" retreat. I am sure many were blessed as Richard and you shared.

    The worship sounded so sweet.
    I miss that simplicity sometimes.

    Michael and I are doing children's worship now and find it to be such a blessing. We love those kids so much. God continues to bless Michael with scripture songs to teach His word. We use sign language and lot's of movements.
    It's a great workout! Ha.

    Greetings to Noelle and Jordan.

    Glory to God,
    Norma E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys were covered in prayer. It's been a blessing to hear (and now read) how you guys were blessed at the Huddle. I think Eric's going to share a bit tonight at our College and Career Bible Study. Mark was pumped and Richard was telling stories as soon as he got back.

    ReplyDelete