Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

Well we're into September! Nice 'n hot here in So Cal. Labor day weekend has come and gone and now Fall begins - except it's still hitting 100! On Sunday I sorta split my time between 2 churches. Started and finished at CC Escondido but in the middle, decided to visit CC Hidden Valley on the south side of Escondido. Shawn Stone is the pastor and I knew a lot of folks there. I was blessed by Shawn's study in Acts and the worship was sweet. Finished the day with the Sunday evening prayer time at CCE - again, just a blessed time with brothers and sisters lifting up each other, our church family and our community before the Lord.

Today I drove out to Carlsbad and walked for an hour early in the morning - it wasn't as hard as the last time I was there alone, when Joyce was in her last couple of weeks. Ran into a brother in the Lord I hadn't seen in at least 10 years - he walked with me a while and we had some good fellowship - he didn't know that Joyce passed away and it shook him....that kind of encounter still happens several times a week - I find myself having to bring comfort to them - even while I'm still grieving - and that's OK - just strange - sort of an "out of body" experience!

Anyway, it was a good morning and this afternoon my daughter drove down from LA to spend the rest of this week with me - the house is just too quiet when I'm the only one there. Glad to have her here!

That's about it for now. I'm the duty chaplain for the Escondido Police Dept. thru September - should be an interesting month!

Love to all of you! Stay close to Jesus!

In His Arm's,

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Dear Pastor Pat:
    Glad to hear you are doing everything on your part to aid in the healing process. Although Miles is doing a fine teaching, we, your flock do miss you. However, we are glad you are taking this much- needed time with the Lord and others. Don't feel pressured to return until the Lord leads you. Sounds like your family really needs you at this time. Enjoy eachother as much as possible, there is so much comfort there.
    We recently and suddenly lost a family member and just being together brings us healing and comfort, as well as knowing she had time to repent and ask Jesus into her life, and is now in His Presence. Praise Him for His Mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to hear you are doing well. I didn't know you did chaplaincy. In fact, I didn't think you had crime in Escondido. Ha! God bless you Pat. Keep on keeping on in the Lord. Still praying for you.

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete