Friday, September 21, 2007

Back Home - briefly

Had a good visit with my family back in the Chicago suburbs. My brother Mike is doing better - recovering from over 6 months of cancer treatments - we had a real nice time together and some meaningful conversations about life and suffering and family and God - good stuff!

I'll be teaching this Sunday in Luke 23 and then it's off to a retreat on Monday and a short visit with some dear friends in the Seattle area til next Tuesday. I've been feeling pretty good physically - still no date for my surgery - might not be til after my daughter's wedding in November. It's all in His hands as I try not to squirm to much in His arm's!

May God's perfect peace guard your heart and mind!

Pat


2 comments:

  1. Pat,
    So good your trip was
    a blessing to you and that God gave you time to share your thoughts with your brother. We will continue to pray for your safety as you travel. Glad you will be able to visit with your special friends. We will also continue to pray that you will feel great at the retreat and elsewhere!
    Rob and Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased that you are feeling a little better and enjoying your visits with family and friends. It will be good to see you tomorrow. Do share some pictures of the wedding when it happens.

    Keeping you in prayer and thoughts.
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete