Sunday, September 16, 2007

Chicago

Well I made is safely and uneventfully from SD to Dallas to Chicago and got to my brothers house just as dinner was being served... and the Chargers were handing a victory to the Patriots.

It's good to be here. Didn't get to talk much with the whole family about Joyce's passing, but did spend some good time with my brother as we talked about his recent battle with cancer. Pray his taste buds come back soon - chemo can really thrash ones sense of taste - and as a side effect of that - no desire to eat. I think tomorrow evening we may all watch the dvd of Joyce's memorial service.

Tomorrow I'll likely spend most of the day visiting with my mom and running errands for her. She doesn't drive anymore to I get to play "Driving Miss Eileen".

Hope you all have a joyful, fruitful week in the Lord!

In His Arm's,

Pat

3 comments:

  1. Love you, Pat. Praying for your time with family.

    Josh, Christy & the Ranch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your visit with your family, and keep safe. It is good to 'get away' and re-group your thoughts. Miles did a fantastic job preaching, so know all is well at church. They got things under control until your return.
    I became a grama, again, on the 12th. A BABY GIRL! Now I have 8 grand children and 4 GREAT grandchildren.

    KEEPING YOU IN THOUGHT AND PRAYER.
    God Bless....Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of Joyce today and thought I would add this thought to your blog.
    I remember one day years ago I saw her in a cobalt blue shirt. I remember thinking how stricking she looked in that color, and I told her. I remember thinking, someone once told me I look good in that color, but I didn't look nearly as good as Joyce!
    I just remember that so well. Isn't it nice to have the memories to look back on?
    She had such beautiful hair and was always so approachable.

    It was nice reflecting on those memories this morning.

    Good Day!

    ReplyDelete