Friday, September 5, 2008

Schedule

Thanks to all who have patiently and prayerfully checked my blogsite to see how I've been doing thru the challenges of life over the last few months. I'm blessed beyond what I deserve by the care and encouragement received.

Here's what's happening health and ministry wise:

My health continues to improve. My surgery incisions are all healed up and my final post-op appt. with my surgeon is next Thursday. My activity level is also increasing. I've taken a few golf lessons the past couple of weeks and found I can actually hit that tiny ball - most of the time - without injuring folks next to me on the driving range. I haven't played a round yet - just learning the basics for now.

Ministry wise, as I've mentioned before, opportunities to serve my fellow Calvary pastors are starting to come in. I'll be teaching for Pastor Brad at CC Living Hope in Oceanside, Sunday, Sept. 21; I'm also scheduled to teach for Pastor Rob at CC Vista on Sunday, Oct. 19.

On Sept. 22, I'm flying out to New Mexico to meet with the Shepherd Staff folks about a possible ministry opportunity serving as a Regional Facilitator for the West Coast. Shepherd's Staff cares for about 60 missionaries sent from various churches - with about 30 from California alone. I'll keep the blog updated on how this one develops.

My overall vision is to provide pastoral care to pastors by making myself available for personal visits, pulpit help, vacation fill in, sabbatical fill in, retreat speaking, and general encouragement to guys laboring in the trenches of ministry. In particular, I'd like to assist ministers and their churches that maybe could not afford bringing in an experienced pastor to help.

This would mean I would need to raise my own support so I could be available to assist those with minimal resources. You could pray about that with me. I'm presently researching how to set up a support team for this type of ministry. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have more detailed info for those of you who might want to partner with me.

I'm also meeting with a few Calvary Pastors on the 16th who have turned their churches over recently and have a similar vision like mine to bring encouragement and help to pastors who need it. None of us have any intention or desire of retiring - we want to serve the Lord with all our strength till He's done with us and takes us home :-)

So, needless to say, your continued prayer is treasured! That's it for now!

In His Arm's,

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment