Thursday, September 18, 2008

full tilt!

Wow! Talk about hitting the ground running! I logged about 700 miles in 48 hours Monday thru Wednesday. Per my schedule, I met with a couple pastor friends of mine in Visalia to discuss and plan a new ministry called Poimen Ministries. Poimen is from a Greek word meaning workmanship. The thrust of this ministry will be encouraging and assisting and serving pastors who are working hard in smaller ministries. On the way to the meeting I spent Monday Nite with my daughter and son-in-law who live up by Magic Mountain. Tuesday morning was the Poimen meeting and on the way back south, I stopped in Bakersfield to visit with another pastor friend, Ken Armstrong, who was a great encouragement to Joyce and I during her battle with cancer.

Spent Tuesday nite again with my daughter and then wednesday morning headed back to Escondido. A few hours later I was teaching in Hebrews 12 at Calvary Chapel Living Hope in Oceanside! What a joy it was to share God's Word with a bunch of loving, Bible hungry believers. And, nothing hurt - that is, I wasn't in any physical pain - how nice that was!

Then this morning after a breakfast appointment with one of my friends, I drove up to Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa to meet with Pastor Brian Broderson. We had a great time of fellowship and prayer and talked about ministry that flows from suffering and difficult seasons. Possibilities of ministry overseas in 2009 were discussed as well as opportunities to teach in some of the various CC Bible colleges - if the Lord should lead in that way.

I continue to grow in my amazement of how many and how great the opportunities are to serve the Lord and proclaim His wonderful truth all around the world.

As always, I covet your prayers for wisdom and faith as new doors open.

This Sunday morning, I'll continue teaching thru Hebrews 12 at CC Living Hope, and then off to Albuquerque NM Monday for a Shepherd's Staff meeting. Full tilt!

In His Arm's,

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Praise GOD Pat! I am so glad to hear that you are not only pain free, but going forth to bring the Good news... that is terrific. Ron and I continue to pray for you and trust that the Lord is doing a good work in and through you. May He be glorified and guide you in all things, according to His perfect plan. May the LORD provide Pat, for all you have need of, according to His riches in glory, in Christ. We love you Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go guy!

    Ministering to the saints is a blessing and a grace given by God.

    Thanks for serving in this capacity.

    ReplyDelete