Monday, September 22, 2008

Stop and Go!

Sometimes it just happens! You're going along, keeping busy, following your schedule and BAM! you come to a full stop. The weekend was full. My Saturday was busy and in the evening my daughter and her husband came down from L.A. for a short visit. We ordered Chinese take out for dinner and about 1am Sun. it started. Intense stomach pain ensued and I knew I ate something bad. The pain kept up most of the day but I still had to teach Sunday morning at CC Living Hope.
And interestingly the subject matter in Heb. 12 was dealing with the different forms of chastisement/training the Lord uses to form more of Him in us! One of the sub topics was how He uses pain and illness.

So by His grace I was able to minister to the folks there - and they sure ministered to me as well!

Last nite I was starting to feel it let up and this morning I'm packing for my visit with the Shepherd Staff Mission Facilitators folks in Albuquerque - flying out this afternoon.

My schedule this week then is today thru Wed. in Albuquerque; Wednesday eve. 7pm. finishing Heb 12 at CC Living hope in Oceanside. I'm doing a memorial service on Sat. at 11 at CCE for an old friend, Tracy Dowler, who passed away last week. Then Sat eve. I'm going to the 3rd Day/Switchfoot concert at the Cricket Amph. in Chula Vista.

The following Thurs. I may be visiting a mission work in Mexico with Pastor Jay from CC Santee. Then a few days of down time and planning for Oct. and Nov.

Presently I'm scheduled to teach a Men's prayer breakfast at CC El Centro on Sat. 10/11 and I'll be teaching at all 3 morning services at CC Vista the following sun. 10/19. In between all that is the Send the Message conference in Las Vegas and calling in for Jury duty throughout the month. Should be an exciting next few weeks for sure.

Thanks for all your prayer support. God hears and supplies!

In His Arm's,

Pat

3 comments:

  1. Praise God Pastor Pat for his faithfulness and for seeing you through your problem with your stomach. His love for you and us never fails. We pray that you have a safe trip to Albuquerque, traveling mercies and of course a safe return home. You sure have quite a full schedule ahead of you. I know that God is using you in such a mighty way. What a blessing you will be to all those that you come into contact with you. You will be in our prayers as always. May each soul and life that you touch be for God's Glory. He has you in the palm of his hand always.
    We love you Pastor Pat,
    The Gomez Family
    Margaret, Kathy, Rosemarie, Emily and Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see things finally beginning to take shape! God bless your labors in Him.

    Pastor Bob Claycamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. bad chineese food can only be corrected by ordering a double double animal style with strawberry shake and fries.

    ReplyDelete