Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Unfolding Plans

Jesus is sure good to us! I've just been thinking about what He's already taken me thru - and it's been interesting to begin thinking ahead. At first, fear of the unknown tries to take over, but then the promises of the Word, the settling of the heart by the Spirit, and the encouragements of fellow believers reminds me that He has a good plan. It will unfold in His time. I'm about ready to begin planning for the remainder of the year - knowing ahead of time that most of what will happen will probably unfold outside of my plans :-) Does that make any sense?

I think many of you have experienced what I'm talking about. You think you're heading in one direction and then God rearranges schedules and paths and before you know it, you're into something you didn't plan but is clearly where God wants you to be. Bottom line: God is at the controls. Help us all Lord to seek You first, and all these things we have need of will be added unto us - in Your perfect time.

The past few days have been a steady improvement from a week ago. I've had lots of company and some great fellowship with friends. My doc says he wants me to go easy for at least the next four weeks - no heavy lifting, no strenuous exercise, no bike riding, but at least I can walk and I'm trying a minimum of a 30 minute continuous walk daily. My head is also starting to clear from all the surgical drugs and IV's - and that really feels good!

As always, I so appreciate all the prayers and encouraging comments and emails. Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

In His Arm's,

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Pastor Pat, Thank you for keeping us up to date with what God is doing in your life. You will always be an encouragement in the Lord to all who follow your blog. I'm so thankful God is healing you and leading. Yes, we think we plan, but it is the Lord's will that prevails....blessed be His Name!! His will be done, not ours. We continue to pray God strengthen you in His Joy and heal you speedily. Love, a sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Our Dear Pastor Pat:

    What an answer to prayer to see you on Wednesday night, I only saw you briefly, I was getting the girls from the high school room and saw you walking by. God is so good. How God is working in you and your body, which by what you have shared has been miraculous. He never fails us, what a beautiful reassurance he gives. I know he has only begun to show you what he has in store for you. You must be so relieved to have the surgeries behind you and to be on the road to recovery.

    I will keep you in my prayers along with the rest of the Gomez ladies/girls. We love you and rejoice with you in what God has done and for what he will continue to do in and through you his loving servant.

    Praise Our Heavenly Father for keeping you so close in his loving care and as you always close "In His Arms".

    We All Love You and will not cease praying for you.

    The Gomez Family
    Margaret, Kathy, Rosemarie, Emily and Angelica Rose

    ReplyDelete