Thursday, June 19, 2008

Opportunities knocking

Been an interesting week so far! Like dangling a carrot in front of horse tied to a post, calls have been coming in requesting me to speak and teach. But the one call I really need is the one that will help give definition to all the others - and that is the one from Kaiser surgery scheduling. I have a four week or so hole staring at me sometime this summer - the time for the surgery and recovery. And in the meantime, long-term plans are on hold, but I am getting a lot of reading in, trying to design a web page, and spending time with lots of friends.

I'm sure many of you are tired of hearing me talk about waiting and enduring and being a patient patient. As each week goes by in the waiting mode, I have moments of great revelation and then moments of deep frustration - and whether high or low, God is still faithful. He is using every high and low and in between time to prepare me for what is next. He is a faithful Instructor - I am a squirming, often distracted student! Anybody relate? :-)

Hope you all have a fruitful and blessed weekend and be not weary in well doing!

In His Arm's,

Pat


2 comments:

  1. Yes I can relate to the "squirming student", as I am one myself.
    I also can relate to the HIGH and LOWs and just knowing God is there with us is awesome. Pastor Pat thanks so much for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tired of hearing about your waiting for a surgery date...no chance. It is your pure honesty that ministers to me the most. You haved shared so much about your testing, surgery, and recovery that were beyond uncomfortable for me. You have helped me change my views about being embarrassed about things with my body. It is just a "vessel". So, thank you for sharing the way that you do.

    ReplyDelete