Sunday, June 29, 2008

Approaching One Year

Now begins a week that once seemed so far away. This week marks the sad reality that our Joyce has been gone a whole year. It also marks the glad reality that she is about to have her first birthday in heaven - I wonder if they note such things in that beautiful land. This side of heaven we still mourn her being taken from us - and I think it's right that we do. Not stuck in mourning but giving it's expression it's important place.

This Saturday, the 5th will mark the day she went home. On Sunday, the 6th, our immediate family will be chartering a boat from 6 to 8pm. to take us out about a mile or two directly west of the end of the Oceanside pier and scatter Joyce's ashes. If any of you would like to gather at the end of the pier around 7pm. and join us in remembering Joyce and thanking God for the gift of her life to us - we'd be blessed. The boat is called the Sea Star and we will dock around 8pm back in the harbor area by Joe's Crab Shack.

Monday, the 7th, would have been our 35th wedding anniversary. So I and my family need to get past next Monday. Appreciate your prayers this week.

In His Arm's,

Pat

1 comment:

  1. My prayers for strength from our Father have been said for you and your family. I can't go to things like the pier, I would just be a blubbering idiot. So I will say GOD bless and may HE continue to carry you and your kids. I am so glad that GOD is not only our strength but also our comfort in times of need.

    ReplyDelete