Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Recovering

Two weeks ago today I was operated on to repair a pretty messed up colon and a few other things. The recovery has been tedious. I thought I'ld bounce back real quick but those with a little more wisdom kept telling me this surgery can knock you down for a while. I am feeling a lot less pain but the overall weakness caught me a little by surprise. And it's not just physical - it's mental too. I'm sure my brain has taken a pretty good hit with the trauma of the surgery, the heavy pain meds used in the hospital and the stuff I'm taking at home has kept my ability to concentrate in a fog. It's been difficult to read or study or even watch TV (which is probably a good thing!) Spiritually I've had some good conversations with the Lord and felt ministered to by His spirit. I've never been in this place before where I am somewhat incapacitated and home alone most of the time. It's been comforting to know the Lord is with me all the time. 

So I try to exercise patience and just let the process of healing take its course. I hope to be off my pain meds during the day very soon so I can run a few errands using my car. I haven't driven in over two weeks. I'm also hoping to be at church this Sunday so I can personally thank so many of you who have been praying for me thru this crazy season. I won't be teaching for a little while yet but I pray soon.

In His Arm's, Pat

2 comments:

  1. Pastor Pat
    We pray that you are getting healthier and heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Angel Gomez FamilyNovember 29, 2007 at 11:21 AM

    Dear Pastor Pat:

    What a blessing it is for us that you are able to sit down at your computer and let us know how you are doing. We are so thankful that you don't sugarcoat things, you tell it like it is. We are thankful for so many things about how God has made you, but we could go on and on. So we will keep this short and sweet. Thank God for the quiet time that you have been allowed to let God minister to you. Our last words of advice are not to be too hard on yourself and push yourself to do things that you really aren't quite physically able to do. We would love to see you on Sunday, but PLEASE, only if you are able. We pray that you will be able, but don't be too hard on yourself. You have been through so much. We will continue to lift you up to the Lord and trust that in God's time we will see you. We all love you so much.

    Love In Christ,
    Margaret,Debbie, Kathy, Rosemarie, Emily and Angelica Rose

    ReplyDelete