Monday, November 5, 2007

4 months

Hi Folks!

About two weeks ago while I was in Phoenix, I had written a few things that I hadn't posted yet. The blog post was titled "Purpose" from 10-21. I just posted it this morning.

Today is Nov. 5 and it's been 4 months since Joyce passed and in some ways it feels like it was just yesterday. Time seems to stop and I find myself numb and staring at pictures of her in disbelief that she's not here - in disbelief that she suffered so much for so long and then was gone. I think I'm moving on - and most of the time now I am - but there are still those moments, occasionally whole days, where I'm just overwhelmed with all that's happened. Yet I know life goes on anyway and many good things are also happening. My son and his wife just moved into a new home up in Menifee over the weekend - I helped him move (and I'm paying for it today :-)

My daughter is to be wed a week from today in Dana Point. Lot's of family things coming up this week. Then my surgery on the 14th. I'm eager to get back to pastoring and teaching as God would allow me - I know these things are in His hands - still having to learn patience!

In His Arm's,

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Patience, prayer and praise, seems we need them to go hand in hand. And when we learn that, the patience come easier when seasoned with the prayer and praise.
    What a wonderful time of prayer we had Thursday night seasoned with patiently waiting on the Lord and praising Him. How wonderful to come before the Lord, speaking our hearts and bearing our souls in the witness of our brothers and sisters and praying in agreement for one another, for the church, for the community, and for our missionaries.
    Pastor Pat, I am praying for your upcoming surgery.
    Jim, if you read this I am praying for God's continued work in and through you and for the great ministry God has planned for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pastor Pat,
    Praising God that you are healing spiritually, and praying for a
    speedy recovery. We, your flock, miss you but are glad you are taking time with your family and we patiently await your return. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete