Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Home

Just a short update. My surgery went well but was a bit more involved than I had hoped for. I was hospitalized for 6 days. My surgeon removed a much larger section of my colon as well as my appendix. I also had to have a colostomy bag (where a portion of my intestine is brought thru an opening in the abdominal wall (called a stoma) and a bag is attached to collect waste material. I'll have to wear the bag for about three more months, then another surgery to reconnect the remaining portions of my colon after they've had a chance to heal up.

I got home yesterday evening (Monday) and friends and family have been looking out for me - I'm so glad to be home again. As much as I appreciate the care I received in the hospital it was definitely not a quiet place to rest. So I'm catching up now at home. My sister-in law Nancy was with me everyday as was my daughter Noelle the first three days of my stay. My friend Dr. Nick also was there nearly every day and were an immense help.

So for the next couple of weeks it's healing time and learning to use the bag. Then 2 or 3 months from now I will have to go in for another surgery to reconnect my colon, close up the stoma and get rid of the bag. So the beat goes on. It was a lot harder then I expected but God has held me and ministered to my heart thru it all.

I'll try to be a bit more regular now that I'm home. Sure appreciate so many of your cards and letters and calls. Keep growing in your trust in the Lord.

In His arm's,

Pat

3 comments:

  1. We are so glad your surgery is over and you are healing. It is all a process! You are in our prayers. It had to have been tough going through surgery without Joyce - - - we pray God's blessing on those who have been there ministering to you. They are giving a greater and more precious gift than they know!
    Grace and Peace,
    W&L

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thinking about you today and well to be honest everyday!! GOD is good!! I was at wednesdays service and I was blessed by your sharing! I know this year is goning to be very hard with all the "firsts" but GOD IS faithful and HE WILL see you through it!!! WE LOVE you and are praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor Kenny, I am not a member of your church, but I watch you faithfully on Monday evenings. I've wondered where you've been (although I am enjoying the family ministering airings)and now that I know, I wish you the best and a speedy recovery. I read your blog "Purpose" and want you to know that if we are to spread the good news and lead others to Christ, even as you ponder, God continues to appoint and annoint you. Thank you for what you've given me every Monday night, and I look forward to attending service at Calvary Chapel of Escondido....may God bless and keep you, and continue to guide you in wisdom and knowledge....Josephine Jones-Neblock

    ReplyDelete