Monday, October 8, 2007

Scheduled!

Sunday's services were sweet! I pray a fresh fire of God's love is stirring each of your hearts' this week!

Just a bit of update. First, a couple of praise reports, my brother Mike is doing better every day. His taste is returning along with his appetite and he hopes to have his feeding tube removed in the next couple of weeks - please continue to pray for his complete recovery. Secondly, on another medical note, I finally have my colon surgery scheduled!! I get to celebrate my 58th birthday on the operating table, oh I just can't wait, Oct. 25. Probably about 4 days in the hospital and then a week or two of recuperating at home and then my daughters wedding on Nov. 12th.

And to relax in prep for the surgery, I'm going to the Send the Message Missions conference at CC Spring Valley in Las Vegas next week and then a couple of short visits with friends in Mesquite, NV. and Phoenix, AZ and back to Esco on the 22nd to get ready for the surgery.

I am continuing my grief care meetings on Tuesday evenings when I'm in town - and the Lord has been holding my heart - it still hurts but my Lord has been gracious in seeing me thru the tougher days. Again, I thank you all for your continuing prayer and encouragement. What an amazing spiritual family we have!

In His Arm's,

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Pat, what an electrifying message on Sunday. You are a true minister, Sir, and we are blessed to have you and the whole pastoral staff. You guys are so good at what you do. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you yesterday at Vons and it prompted me to visit CCE website. I found your blog and was saddened to read about the loss of your wife. It has been awhile since I have attended CCE (due to my own shortcomings) but felt that the Lord put you in my path. I am glad that He did this. Reading your comments and seeing your strength has given me a new sense of spiritual yearning. God Bless

    ReplyDelete