Sunday, October 21, 2007

Purpose

Greetings

I have written a few times about the uncertainty of my identity and ministry and purpose in life since the loss of my lovely Joyce. God has been ministering to me a lot during the past couple of weeks so I would like to share a little of what He has been showing me.

Being one flesh for nearly 35 years created a unique identity in that, tho we were still individuals, in a mystical beautiful way we functioned in life as a unit. Everything each of us said and did and even thought impacted the other - sometimes in ways we could see - but more often in ways we could not. Tho we were individuals we were not independent of each other. And that was wonderful and I'm so thankful for that relationship. So now that our life together has been completed (til death do us part) and she has gone on to her eternal reward in heaven, I find myself at times groping to understand who I am without her and what my life will be like in the months and years ahead - should the Lord give me more length of days.

Mercifully the Lord is not silent. He has been speaking many things to my heart and tho I don't have a clear vision of specifics, I do have a greater sense of His peace and His desire to continue to use my life for His purposes. You'ld think that would be a "no-brainer" but in grief often the link between theology and reality gets really blurred.

In His Arm's,

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment