Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Wed. 4-4-07

Today's Bible Reading: Ruth 1-4; Luke 8:1-25

In "Our Daily Bread" devotional this past Monday there was a story about how a bunch of Christian women got together to care for a women who was suffering from ALS and eventually succumbed to the disease. The title was "How God Shows His Love" and the last part of it really ministered to me:

The love of God was visibly demonstrated in Jesus when He was here on Earth. In stooping to wash the feet of His disciples, He mirrored the submissive step He took when He left heaven and became a man. He healed the sick and endured bitter hatred as His reward. He died like a criminal on a Roman cross. His endurance and these acts of kindness reflect God’s love, for Jesus said, “He who has seen Me has seen the Father” (John 14:9).

Jesus is no longer with us in His physical body—He now sits at God’s right hand in heaven. So, if God's love is to be embodied today, it must be done through Christians. Is it being done through you?

More like the Master I would live and grow,
More of His love to others I would show;
More self-denial, like His in Galilee,
More like the Master I long to ever be. —Gabriel

My life helps paint my neighbor’s picture of God (...and my spouse and my kids and my relatives and my brothers and sisters at church, etc.)
I know I need to show others around me God's love - don't we all? Perhaps today, instead of bickering and complaining we can all seek to show those around us how good and loving our God is.
In His Arm's,
Pat

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!!!!!!!thank you JESUS for YOUR goodness and mercy!!! thanks Pastor Pat for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A BIG AMEN!!!!!!! from me too. If we truly love the Master, we passionately LOVE to take care of all those who belong to Him as He would want us to. May we be HIS hands and feet to each other and His vessels of mercy. If we are all about doing our Father's business, there will not be a heavy load on any one person or pastor. His burden is not heavy. It is "easy", "gentle", "light" and even "refreshing" to accept His yoke of love for the brethren. It is a great blessing to share His love with you and to be able to lift you and Joyce to the Father of mercy. As a member of His royal priesthood, under His banner of the royal law of His love, we carry you on our shoulders and on our hearts before the mercy seat into the Holy of Holies. Thank you for the privilege of bearing your burdens to Doctor Jesus. Praise the Lord that He will work everything together for our good and His glory!
    Agape, Elaine

    ReplyDelete