Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thurs. 4-12-07

Today's "Daily Bread" was encouraging after a very down few days. The prayer at the end of the devotion based on Psalm 6 was, "Dear Lord, I know You hear me, and that You are powerful and wise. Help me to wait patiently and to trust You for Your good and perfect answers to the needs of those I love. Amen."

I read that towards the end of the day today and really needed it. Joyce's pain seems to be back under control and so it was a calmer day for her. I took her to get her blood work for chemo tomorrow and a bone survey her oncologist had ordered. Afterwards I took her to Cost Plus World Market and lunch at the Olive Garden.

Tomorrow it all starts up again. Assuming her blood levels are OK she'll be having chemo from noon to about 3pm.

Here's a good few verses to wrap up the day:

Ps 63:6-8
6 When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches.
7 Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.
8 My soul follows close behind You; your right hand upholds me. (NKJ)

In His Arm's! Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment