Sunday, March 15, 2009

Santa Maria 2

After the morning services at Calvary Santa Maria, I drove about 20 minutes north to Pismo Beach and went for a nice walk. As you can see it was a beautiful afternoon. Interestingly, this was the place, in 1972, on an outreach trip with Joyce and a team from Christian Chapel Walnut, that I knew I wanted her to be my wife. A bittersweet memory.

Some of you were asking in emails and on FB about how Jeff Jackson was doing - so here he is
just as deep and as funny as ever! Love that guy!


So it was a good conference - small attendance wise but edifying for me and a good learning experience in preparing for, setting up, and engaging folks in conversation about the ministry.

Monday I drive up to Morro Bay to have lunch with a couple of the pastors there - and then pack up for the long drive back home.

God continues to show Himself strong and gracious on my behalf and I'm humbled He would allow me to serve these wonderful men and women who have committed their lives to making our good God known to the nations!

In His Arm's,

Pat

1 comment:

  1. March 17, 2009

    I'll Wear a Shamrock

    St. Patrick's Day is with us,
    The day when all that's seen
    To right and left and everywhere
    Is green, green, green!

    And Irish tunes they whistle
    And Irish songs they sing,
    To-day each Irish lad walks out
    As proud as any king.

    I'll wear a four-leaf shamrock
    In my coat, the glad day through,
    For my mother's mom was irish,

    So I'm a wee bit Irish too! :)

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete