Wednesday, October 29, 2008

300 miles

Yesterday I put another 300 miles on the car driving up to Huntington Beach to visit a young man who, with his wife and two little boys, are preparing to go to Kenya, Africa as missionaries sent out by Refuge Calvary Chapel and supported thru Shepherd's Staff. What a joy and an education it is listening to the heart of one called to leave it all and follow the Lord's leading to serve a people so different and far from anything familiar. Pray for Jonathan and Adrienne as they make ready.

From HB I then headed up to the San Fernando Valley to spend some time with another Calvary Pastor in Encino. David Cuff has been pastoring the church there for 13 years. We had a great time of fellowship, sharing ministry joys and sorrows, and prayer.

I have written in past posts of my desire to be an encouragement to other pastors in this new season of my life. After more than 32 years in full time pastoral ministry there are a lot of stories to share - and not much that I haven't experienced in church life. So it's such a blessing to connect with other brothers in the "trenches" and watch God at work!

Then after Encino I drove a little further north to have dinner with my daughter and son-in-law in Valencia. Got home around 11:00 pretty tired but grateful for a good day full of ministry and serving. Thanks for praying!

In His Arm's,

Pat


1 comment:

  1. How exciting! A new ministry! We look forward to hearing all the Lord will be doing in and through you.

    Love in Jesus, The Asman Family

    ReplyDelete