Sunday, December 16, 2007

ups and downs

Well since a week ago Friday, my days have been alternating between active and nearly comatose! Several days I was able to get out and visit with folks, enjoy some meals together, do some shopping, and even get down to the church a few times. Other days were home all day days where some mornings I just could not move til noon. Usually after an active day I pay for it the next. My wounds on the outside are healing up pretty good but the stuff inside is taking a lot longer then expected - fatigue is a frequent visitor. My appetite is improving some as evidenced by my scarffing down a Pesky's combo at Rubio's after church today with friends from the worship team.

This past week I had an appointment with my ostomy nurse and received some different product for my colostomy. That's probably the most uncomfortable and inconvenient part of my recovery so far. But I'm learning to deal with it and, God willing, I'll only have it for a couple more months.

During this time I've been crying out to the Lord a lot. Especially on those down days when I think this trial will never end; those days when I'm missing Joyce so intensely. The wounds were opened again as I spoke with the wife of a pastor friend of mine from Buhl, Idaho, Brent Huether, who passed away last week after a short battle with pancreatic cancer. It was the anguish all over again - and hers stirred up mine. Merrily and her kids and the church in Buhl are just starting on that journey of grief - please keep them in prayer too.

Thru all of this, I have to say that the Lord is faithful and continues to hold me and speak to me thru His Word. I am so grateful for how He has held me and guarded my heart the past 5 months. Thru my grieving and my healing He is always my ever present help.

In His arm's,

Pat

1 comment:

  1. Ever present, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Ever present help, "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper, shall not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you." Ever present help in times of trouble, "For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock. And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me; and I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord."

    ReplyDelete