Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday update

I wanted to just check in briefly for those of you following my blog. It's a rather boring blog at this time since my days are mostly filled with resting and trying to heal up. I've gotten out a few more times this past week and have had a few spurts of energy where I felt for a moment almost normal! Last night I was able to drive up to Murietta to watch my granddaughter's first Christmas production and meet her preschool teacher. I was beaming all the way thru. Today I'm paying for it tho - just slammed with fatigue.

Overall, I think I'm on the mend - it's just a lot slower than I expected. Church wise I am planning to participate in the Christmas eve eve services at the Center for the Arts on Dec. 23. I'm hoping to be back in the pulpit for a few Sundays in January before my next surgery in February. The pastor's and I will be meeting next week to lay out the teaching schedule for the first few months of 08 including Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings and the school of Discipleship classes - pray for us for wisdom - to hear and heed the Lord's direction.

Also, tomorrow morning I meet with our church elders to discuss the current financial condition of the church and to pray for wisdom in setting next years budget. Please pray along with us.

That's about it for now. Stay walking close to Jesus!

In His Arm's,

Pat


2 comments:

  1. We continue to pray for your continued healing and for the church. We love you Pastor Pat and CCE!!
    Jensen Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pastor Pat,
    It is wonderful to be able to stay in touch with your progress of healing and how the Lord continues to strengthen your Love for him and your flock. Thank you for your blog. We continue our prayers for God's healing hand to be with you. May our awesome Lord continue to hold you close. Pat Neiswender

    ReplyDelete