Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday 3-14-07

Bible Reading: Today we should be thru Deut. 25 and Mark 14:1-26

Today I take Joyce to the radiologist to set her up for radiation on the cancer in her leg. Don't know what that will involve yet but we'll soon find out. She's up and about a little more each day now with less pain and discomfort from her leg.

Pastor Mark sent me some wonderful verses from Ps 57 this morning.

Psalm 57:1-3
"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, Until these calamities have passed by. I will cry out to God Most High, to God who performs all things for me. He shall send from Heaven and save me; He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. God shall send forth His mercy and His truth."

The last paragraph in today's Daily Bread devotion also spoke to my heart:

"No matter what happens to us, we have this assurance: "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble" (Ps. 46:1). Open your eyes and your heart. He is there.

Thank You Lord!

In His Arm's,

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Pat, remember this one?
    -------------------------------------
    The Battle Belongs To The Lord
    Em D Em
    In heavenly armor we'll enter the land,
    Em D Em D/E
    The battle belongs to the Lord.
    Em D             Em
    No weapon that's fashoned against us will stand,
    Em D Em
    The battle belongs to the Lord.

    D/E G D CD G G D Em
    And we sing glory, honor, power and strength to the Lord,
        D/E G D CD G G D Em
    We sing glory, honor, power and strength to the Lord.

    When the power of darkness comes in like a flood,
    The battle belongs to the Lord.
    He'll raise up a standard, the power of His blood,
    The battle belongs to the Lord.

    When Your enemy presses in hard, do not fear,
    The battle belongs to the Lord.
    Take courage, my friend, your redemption is near,
    The battle belongs to the Lord.
    --------------------------------------
    Perhaps the Lord is allowing this battle in your lives, to show your unbelieving family members your strong faith in His strength.

    You have been a powerful and courageous witness to all of us.
    --------------------------------------
    Perhaps today, the Rapture? ... Yes, please!!!

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat & Joyce, I am holding you both up in prayer and you are a true testimony of "walking out your faith". It is easy for some of us to have faith when things are going well but it is through these trials that God allows us to really test our faith.
    "Blessed be your name when the road is marked with suffering, when there's pain in the offering. Blessed be your name. Sandy

    ReplyDelete