Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wed. 3-38-07

Today's Bible reading: Judges 4-6; Luke 4:31-44

Joyce's update: We saw her oncologist this morning and the results of her recent testing were "mixed". Her tumor marker count (CA2729) had decreased a little, from 162 to 138, but the cancer activity in her abdominal lymph nodes was slightly elevated from the last time. There was no evidence of any new tumors. So we resume chemo in a couple of weeks and she'll have all her testing done again in a couple of months - we press on! Her doctor said she was amazed at Joyce's incredible endurance and that she was an inspiration to her.

Neither of us were overjoyed at that - we both just wanted to get home. Being an inspiration to others, at least in our case, doesn't produce great feelings of satisfaction or accomplishment. She just wants to get well - and the prospect of that happening soon isn't real encouraging right now. I'm just trying to suck it up and help her continue her fight - tho at times I feel like I want to punch a wall, which I wouldn't do because I know I'ld break my hand - and then that wouldn't be much help right?

So where is God in all this? He's right close with both of us. I don't question that a bit. I've learned over the years not to base my faith and trust on my feelings but on His revealed truth. I certainly wish He would choose to make Joyce well - but if He doesn't, I identify with Peter when he told the Lord, "To Whom shall we go? You alone have the words of eternal life!" There is no other place of true peace and refuge in this world.

That's about it for now.

In His Arm's, Pat

3 comments:

  1. Dear Joyce and Pat,

    As difficult as these trials are, I too relate to what Paul said. To whom shall we go? There is no other way or way to peace but through Christ our Lord. He is the truth, the way, and the light. All else is phony and false. It's just that simple and yet not simple. The mysteries of God! When I have my own trials, it always boils down to that. I can't give up, because there is no other hope under the sun. I just thank our Lord that we can in our trials find hope and peace if we cling to him. Thank you Lord. Blessed be the name of the Lord! I'm thankful to be saved and to be a sister in Christ to you both. We thank you for your continued strength during difficult trials.

    Jane and Dave in St. George

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE PRESS ON WITH YOU PASTOR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. The Lord is good and I am encouraged by what He is doing in and through yours and Joyce's life. I look forward to seeing you again soon. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete