Sunday, January 7, 2007

Sun. Jan. 7; Gen. 18-19 & Mt. 6:1-8

God is so kind and gracious! He allowed me to teach from His Word and He gave me the words to share this morning. Joyce had a rough early morning but leveled out as the day went on. Her sister came over and stayed with her while I was at church - she's been such a great help and encourager thru all this. Jeannie also came over after church and brought some juice and bread for communion. It's been a while since Joyce has been able to come to church - so church came to her!

Gen. 18:14 is a beautiful verse of promise, especially when faced with trying circumstances: "Is anything too hard for the Lord?"

Hard is the same word for wonderful in Isaiah 9:6: For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given . . . And His name will be called Wonderful; Jesus is our "wonderful" One.

Is there anything too hard for the Lord? Thankfully not; and God can also triumph even over our weak faith.

There is nothing too hard for God. He is able to do all things. That is the kind of God we worship and serve. That's the kind of God who reaches out to you and I for fellowship; so, that we, through that fellowship, might be enhanced and blessed.

To Jeremiah, God said, "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh, is there anything too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)

What about deep emotional pain? What about abuse? Are they beyond God's ability to touch and see and heal? Nothing means nothing!

Faith looks past the circumstances to the one who makes the promise. Faith must have a promise to rest on and a person to trust.

If you are struggling with a doubt or temptation, is anything to hard for the Lord?

Keep your heart fixed on Him! He will never leave or forsake His own!

In His Arm's,

Pat

4 comments:

  1. Amen.
    My prayers are for you and Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The service ministered to me yesterday and I really needed to hear what you and Miles taught. My heart goes out to you and Joyce at this most difficult time. It's so hard to see our loved one suffer so much. May God comfort you both and surround you with his love. God Bless you, Candi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father, God, creator of the universe, I lift up Joyce and Pat to you. Nothing is too hard for you and I pray for strength, peace, and rest for these dear sweet saints who have so deligently followed hard after you. I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pastor Pat and Joyce: My prays go out to the both of you for the healing from Our Father that is in heaven. I wanted to say, "When we praise God in the midst of our sickness, pain, weakness, or misery, our act of worship opens up a channel through which His healing presence can penetrate our lives to heal us or to sustain us as He sees fit. That is the hidden power of praising God. We praise God, it invites His presence into our life in a powerful way."The power of the Lord was present to heal them" Luke 5:17. we love the both of you and we give God all the glory for putting you both in our lives.

    ReplyDelete