Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sat. 1-20-07

Today's Bible Reading: Gen. 49-50; Mt. 13:31-58

Yesterday's service for Richard and Robbi's son, Nathan, drew a standing room only crowd of family and friends who lovingly expressed their sorrow and support for the Raher's. I opened the service with a word of encouragement from Jer. 29:11-14. Matt and Jeannie sang, we viewed a moving video log of Nathan's life followed by Pastor Rob Hubbard sharing his thought about Nathan and the certain hope and assurance we have eternal life thru our belief in Jesus Christ.
I closed the service with prayer for the Raher family and dismissed the 400 plus folks to a reception our church family had prepared. Richard and Robbi stayed in the sanctuary for more than two hours greeting friends.

Joyce had so wanted to attend the service but Friday was a hard day for her physically and she just didn't have the strength. The evening was rough emotionally as well as fear, anxiety, and frustration kept coming in waves. About midnite she finally got to sleep and slept really well.
I was spent emotionally too. Sometimes I'm at the point where I don't want to see or talk to anybody I know because all we do is talk about how Joyce is doing or how I am doing. And this has been going on for more than thee years now. I want to scream "enough already!"...but I won't. We know so many people care...and we know the Lord cares - we just get tired in the fight at times. Add the horrible tragedy our dear friend's and coworker's in the ministry have suffered this past week and it become a heavy weight that only the Lord can really lift.

And lift He does!

Ps 3:3-4 But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.(KJV)

Have a blessed day in Jesus!

Pat

1 comment:

  1. I thank my God everytime I remember you...I know God is working it all of His good and His Glory..it's really tough sometimes when we are CALLED to be apart of it...Thank you for being such a blessing to ALL of us.

    ReplyDelete