Monday, January 22, 2007

Mon. 1-22-07

Today's Bible Reading: Exodus 4-6; Matthew 14:22-36



Churchwise, please keep pastor's Miles and Josh in prayer as they travel to Germany today for a European Calvary Chapel Pastor's Conference in Siegen. They'll be gone for about 10 days.



This Wednesday evening I'll be teaching in Numbers 21.



On the home front, Yesterday was a good one for Joyce again and she was able to get out of the house and actually go shopping! Her sister came by and drove her to Target - her first time in a store in nearly 6 weeks! And of course she bought a bunch of stuff for her grandkids, who also came by for a visit yesterday evening.



I'ld also like to ask you to keep my younger brother, Mike, in prayer. He recently was diagnosed with cancer in his esophagus and is finishing up testing this week prior to either surgery or chemo.



Some notes from Exodus 4:



11 So the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the LORD?

God is basically taking the responsibility for everything. That fact often puts my heart at odds with God. I don't understand why??? Why does He allows a child to be born blind, or a loved one stricken with a disease.

Immediately my whole concept of God is challenged - yet He has declared that in certain cases He has created certain physical infirmities...ie. Moses slow tongue

And He doesn't even offer us an explanation why - He just declares the fact. And this becomes one of the greatest challenges to my faith. But if I can overcome this hurdle, I will have an unshakable faith in God.

If I only believe what I can understand - that doesn't take faith, it only takes intellect. Believing what I can't understand is that step of faith - and without faith it is impossible to please God.

If I can believe that God has created a blind child or made me with the physical characteristics I have and that God is love and just - then I am now believing something I can't understand; my faith is not shaken because it is in Him and I am drawn into a deeper relationship of faith in God.

I don't need to make excuses or find reasons - I just need to trust - and that's where God is trying to lead Moses in ch. 4.

Stop complaining of your weakness, and just let God use you!

God wants us to come to the point where we realize that He made us just the way we are, for a reason, for a purpose. He wants to use us just the way we are.



In His Arm's,



Pat

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that picture of Joyce is great!!!! Your incredible faith lifts me up everyday. Thank you for taking the time to share your heart. I will add your brother to my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so good to hear! I was starting to get discouraged. I've been praying and praying and I'm so glad she had a good day and was finally able to get out of the house. Praise God! May we not forget the ways He does answer our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hipp Hipp Horray! Way to go Joyce, so glad she was able to get out of the house and shop! I am praying for your brother to, Pat. Hang in there you are on everyone's list. May GOD pour out upon you daily of His grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete