Sunday, April 12, 2009

moving soon

Continuing to watch and wait with my Chicago family as our mom gets ready to move out of her old tent into her new mansion in heaven. She's very close now. We have all been surprised at how strong this seemingly frail lady has been in her final struggle. We expected her passing about mid-week but she has had her own time-table, given to her by the Lord, and we can't really know it. It was my first Easter spent in a hospital room and my first Easter in more than 39 years that I've spent with my biological family - my two younger brothers and younger sister and spouses and nieces and nephews and cousins...

My daughter sent me pics of my grandkids at a gathering of my California family at my son's home. Made me homesick a bit. 
I pray you all were able to focus today on the miracle of the Resurrection of our Savior. As born again followers of Jesus, we really celebrate the resurrection every day. Because He is risen I am no longer dead in my sins but alive to God with the assurance of eternal life - all because He arose! To God be the glory, great things He has done!

In His Arm's,

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment