Friday, April 10, 2009

Mom Update

My mother continues to hold on to life - not quite ready yet to let go. Those of you who have gone thru this before know how agonizing and draining the waiting can be. Each nite, waiting for the phone call from the hospital; each day, by her bedside in the hospital; watching, praying - and waiting.  It's brought back the all to vivid memories of my own wife's final days. 

I'm glad I could be back here with my brothers and sister and their families. It's been a long time since all four of us have been together and making decisions as a family. I miss my own family and friends back in California - for nearly 40 years, that has been "home" for me. Yet being here in the Chicago area with my siblings and other relatives is necessary and good.

Please pray for strength for all of us. Pray for my health - which is still an issue. Pray for God to use me as a witness of His great love for all my family.

And today is Good Friday. Can we ever thank our Lord enough for the price He paid that we might have life and that more abundantly than we could ever have imagined?

Continuing in His Arm's,

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Our Dearest Pastor Pat~
    I cant even begin to say how much you have been on my heart! When one is going throu something it effects many, and we are with you feeling you pain! But sitting under your teaching (of course led by the spirit)for many years I can only say what you had always said...THE LORD IS HERE, EVEN THO WE DONT "SEE" HIM HE IS HERE..HE IS HERE AND HE IS ON THE THRONE.. HE IS FAITHFUL TO SEE US THROUGH! AND EVEN THO WE DONT UNDERSTAND THE "GOINGS" WE MUST TRUST IN HIM! FOR HE IS GOOD! YOUR FAMILY HERE IS THEIR IN SPIRIT AND LIFTING YOU UP, and also praying the LORD gives you amazing health to see you throu!....






    many many thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord be glorified by your witness to your family... Let them see Him in you, Pat.


    chuck

    ReplyDelete