Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Heaven - soon

Today was a hard day for my mom and all of us. She was admitted into the Hospice program at Elmhurst Hospital. They have half a dozen quiet, peaceful rooms and a comfortable family area and they'll be giving her round the clock care til the Lord takes her home. We didn't have to mover her back to her condo nor to a nursing home. She'll spend her last few days with top notch care and her family able to be by her side without carrying the burden of physical and medical care as well. God brought some wonderful people across our path today. Mom and I had about 10 minutes of semi lucid communication this morning. I told her she had a stroke, she was being well cared for in the hospital...and she could be seeing the Lord, my dad and Joyce real soon. I asked her to give Joyce a kiss for me - and then I broke down a little. She just smiled, raised her eyebrows a bit, and then I quickly showed her pictures of Kaylee and her other great grandkids - she liked that.

Then a couple minutes later she slipped off into a deep sleep and barely opened her eyes for the rest of the day. We feel it could be very soon now. Heaven's not that far away! Again I and my family are so grateful for yours and so many others prayers and encouragement.

In His Arm's,

Pat

2 comments:

  1. praying faithfully for you and yours.

    chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. O PASTOR PAT HOW MY HEART IS SO WITH YOU AT THIS TIME! HOW BLESSED SHE IS TO HAVE YOU AND THE REST OF THE FAMILY AROUND! MAY THE LORDS PERFECT PEACE AND COMFORT BE WITH EACH OF YOU AND EVEN JOY AS SHES GOING HOME.....WE HAVE THAT BLESSED ASSURANCE!!

    ReplyDelete