Sunday, April 20, 2008

Transition

Hi folks! Well most of of you probably have already heard of our (the pastors and board of CCE and I) decision to "pass the mantle" of the leadership of CCE to Pastor Miles DeBenedictus. We had a beautiful turn over service this morning and I praise God for His Spirit guiding everything that was said and done. What a great church family we have! Please pray for Miles and I as we head into the new things God has for us. Miles will certainly have his hands full with the responsibilities of leading the church here on out and will need you who are part of CCE to be lifting up his arm's and helping him the best you can in his new position. I too will need prayer as I seek the Lord for His next chapter in my life and ministry.

I'll continue to be in relationship with CCE but likely in more of a missionary status. It will probably be somewhere around mid-summer before I'm ready to hit the ground running in what I hope to be a broader ministry to the Calvary Chapel movement and wherever else the Lord may lead. I can't make any commitments until I'm recovered from my yet to be scheduled, colon reconnect surgery...which I still hope to be sometime in late may or early June.

I'm quite excited about all this and just pray my full health will return soon.

I will continue posting to my blog and welcome your comments and input regarding this new venture of faith for me and Miles and our church.

In His Arm's,

Pat

4 comments:

  1. Dear Pastor Pat: Heartbreaking news!You are our shepard, we will miss you beyond measure. Return to us is our prayer and God bless you wherever He takes you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Dearest Pastor Pat!
    What exciting news!!! I have been apart of Calvary since '99 and I have trully loved being under your teaching! You have only ever led your "flock" in the ways of the LORD just look at Miles! Tho its gonna be a big change for you , Miles and the Church, we can be assured its of the LORD! I do pray this transition goes smoothly that the LORD would bless all who are involved! We love you so much Pastor Pat and cant wait to see what the LORD does in you life next! Just as you have always taught us..its amazing how the LORD blesses when WE obey!!!!

    WE LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pastor Pat,

    You have been on a mission, and you have blessed us all by letting us travel with you through your blog. As you have grown, we have also been able to learn and grow. Your complete openness has been something that many of us have never experienced before. Thank you for your precious words and insights. I personally can't wait to travel with you "in spirit". You are in our hearts, thoughts and prayers.

    In Christ's love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! WHat beautiful words from the last person to comment! I ditto it all!

    Thank you Pastor Pat!

    ReplyDelete