Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Improving

Well these last few days have zipped by - I'm feeling a little stronger each day and more and more grateful that the Lord has held me through this weird season. I'm in very little pain and even the discomfort of the ileostomy is lessening - still a hassle but not as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago.

I would ask again for prayer for patience. I am still several months away from being done with my medical issues - still one more (and prayerfully the last) surgery to go, probably in late Spring or early Summer. I'm struggling with wanting to move ahead but being constricted by my circumstances. And I know absolutely that God knows exactly what's going on with me and IS in control. That doesn't mean that I'm "happy" about it - it does mean that I have to trust Him even if I don't agree with or can't figure out what His plan in all this is.

And then I read passages like Psalm 32:7-11. "You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from (in the midst of) trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah (think about that very carefully, Pat) I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

Do not be like the horse or like the mule, which have no understanding, which must be harnessed with a bit and bridle, else they will not come near you. Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; but he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him. Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous; and shout for joy, all you upright in heart."

In His Joy!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment