Saturday, March 29, 2008

End of March

Hard to believe a whole year has already passed since Joyce started her final bout with chemo.
I've had a lot of overwhelming moments this past week. Talking about Joyce a lot with old friends and looking at pictures and just walking thru our home brought on some fresh heartache. Tears would form in an instant - and be gone just as quick. Even tho life goes on, grieving will always to some extent, be a part of it. Just feeling it more this week than I had in a while. It's OK.

Also, the days are dragging - tho I'm trying stay active - being in this "limbo" between surgeries is frustrating. I want to plan but instead I have to wait. Waiting is good if I'm resting in the Lord; it's not so good if I'm just whining. They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength - teach me Lord, teach us all to rest and wait on You!

In His Arm's,

Pat

3 comments:

  1. YOUR HEART IS SO EXPOSED AND OPEN! AND WE HEAR THE CRY OF YOUR HEART! READING YOUR BLOGG MAKES MY HEART ALL THE MORE CRY OUT TO THE LORD IN PRAYER! THANK YOU PASTOR FOR BEING OPE SO THAT YOUR CHURCH (GODS CHURCH) CAN INTERSEED FOR OUR TEACHER OF HIS PRECIOUS WORD!! WE LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To our dear Pastor Pat:

    We all love you so much when you hurt, we hurt. Our hearts go out to you, along with all the love and prayers that your heart can hold. I know how frustrating it must be for you knowing how much you want to do but how limited you are to do those things. Remember tht God will never leave you or forsake you. He is with you ALWAYS!!! Be encouraged by those who love you and constantly pray that each new day will bring just a little peace and comfort. I know that no one knows the pain you are feeling, Joyce was your beautiful wife, your partner and the love of your life. The grieving process is different for everyone. Most people, even immediate family members think that we should be over it by now. It was 3 years on Valentine's Day. But the pain is still there. Everybody loved Dad in a different way, but his girls had a very special and loving relationship with him,the rest of my family could never relate to. The same goes for you, your relationship with Joyce couldn't ever be understood fully by anyone. I think the other thing that makes it extremely hard is that you are alone in your house and are surrounded by the things that made your house a home. I am sure you still feel her presence in your home. Every where you turn there is something that reminds you of your beauty. Be strong and know that God is with you through your time of grief and loss.

    May God Bless You Pastor Pat, We Love You with the Love of the Lord.

    In Christ's Love,
    The Angel Gomez Family
    Margaret, Kathy, Rosemarie, Emily and Angelica Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Pastor Pat,
    I am praying for peace and contentment for you. I knew this week would be difficult for you because it is Easter week. I imagine that you are remembering all your family traditions and past celebrations. All the thing that Joyce did to make it so special for your family.
    I morn for the loss of my Mom daily. However, on birthdays and holidays I go through this more deeply. Thank you for your continuing to share with us. You are not only helping yourself, but also more people that you could ever imagine. It is a wonderful experience seeing how God is working in your life. He is awesome.

    Take care 0:- ) God bless

    ReplyDelete