Thursday, February 21, 2008

Peace in the setbacks

The big deal today was the removal of the 25 or so staples that held my wounds together. Went smoothly and everything on the outside is healing up nicely. Still a ways to go on the inside but I know it's getting better too. Just got to give it time, good nutrition, and rest, and light activity - ie. short walks, stuff around the house. I can't drive for a week or two yet - need to be off the narcotic pain meds before getting behind the wheel.

My daughter has been with me all week and her husband is joining her tomorrow for the weekend before I have have to fly solo next week. What a blessing family is. As my kids were growing up it was always hard to picture then taking care of me. But they have stepped it up and have been right there to encourage and help. Not a day seems to pass without each of them calling and checking up on me. That is a treasure I will never again take for granted.

Spiritually, the Lord has given me a fresh peace concerning this recent surgical setback. I was so sure after this surgery I would be off and running as soon as it healed up. But now I'm faced with still another surgery a few months down the road to reconnect the new portion of my colon that was disconnected to allow the whole colon more time to heal. At times I think I should be depressed - but I'm not. I'm tired and sore for sure but still excited about how God is going to use all this for His purposes and glory.

May we all press on in our love and service to Him no matter the twists and turns on the road.

In His Arm's,

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Good perspective and appreciate the uplook you have...it is encouraging. To God be the glory!

    peace out Bro...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pastor Pat:

    We just read your message from last night. It is such a blessing knowing that your children are there for you now that you need them. What a great blessings to have your children returning the care that you gave and would give again if they needed you. We never know what the Lord has in store for any of us.

    You are in the prayers of our family, more so than normal. The disappointment you must be feeling from the outcome of your surgery must be so difficult for you but as always you are trusting God to shed his light and reveal himself to you and we know he will. Your attitude and complete and total trust in our Lord is a wonderful witness and testimony of who you are in Christ.

    To quote "Jesus Bring The Rain" I can count a million times of people asking me how I can praise you with all that I have been through. The question still amazes me, can circumstances change who I forever am in you?

    This totally speaks of what you have been through in the past year. Please know how much you are loved, God will never leave you or forsake you. That is his promise, rest assured in it. You are a treasure to him and to your entire church family. Rest in his arms now. He will restore you to perfect health. We stand in faith believing that you being held in the palm of his hand. God Bless you our Beloved Pastor.

    In Christ's Love,
    The Angel Gomez Family
    Margaret, Kathy, Rosemarie, Emily and Angelica Rose

    ReplyDelete